A cashier, Shola Adeyemi, who allegedly converted a Wema Bank customer’s N625m for personal use, on Wednesday appeared before an Igbosere Magistrates’ Court in Lagos.
Thirty-year-old Adeyemi, a resident of Catholic Church Road, Torikoh, Badagry, is facing three counts of conspiracy, stealing and forgery.
The prosecutor, Sgt. Edward Abiodun, told the court that the accused and others still at large committed the offences in October at the Badagry branch of Wema Bank.
He said the accused forged the signature of the customer, Mr. Michael Asanba, and stole the sum from his Wema Bank account.
The defendant said his sick father’s treatment made him to steal the money, but there is no evidence to show that his father was sick.
The prosecutor said the offences contravened sections 287, 365 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty.
The Magistrate, Mrs. O. O. Kusanu, granted him bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.
She said the sureties must show evidence of tax payment to the Lagos State Government.
Kusanu adjourned the case until January 30, 2018 for mention.
CHECKOUT RECOMMENDED SONGS FOR YOU
- Sia ft. Burna Boy – Hey Boy (Remix)
- Mighti ft Y-Kiss – Infinito
- D’Banj – Ikebe
- Kcee – Cultural Praise ft. Okwesili Eze Group
- Runtown – If E Happen For Lagos
- Teni – Come & See
- Cheque – Zoom (Remix) ft. Davido & Wale
- Wande Coal ft. Kel P – Old Soldier
- Davido – No Drama
- Small Doctor – ManDeMan (Prod. Shocker)
- DJ Kaywise – High Way ft. Phyno
- Idowest – No Girlfriend No Problem ft. Zlatan
- Tekno – Armageddon
- Bracket ft. Umu Obiligbo – Moving Train